Mini Dark Chocolate Cupcakes are coated with dark chocolate buttercream frosting and garnished with a tiny red candied rose. For a pretty presentation, serve these baked cupcakes in pretty black and white polka dot or striped cupcake liners.Print
Mini Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Candied Roses Recipe
- Yield: 50 mini or 24 standard 1x
1–18.25 ounce package dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1–3ounce package chocolate instant pudding and pie mix-dry
1 1/3 cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
½ cup mini chocolate morsels
2 cups dark chocolate butter cream frosting*purchased
¼ cup dark cocoa for dusting-optional
Pre-made tiny rose Icing Decorations-tested Wilton
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare cupcake pan with liners. Combine all cake batter ingredients. Beat batter for 2 minutes to blend.
- Fill plastic zip lock bag with batter, clip end of bag to ¼ “. Pipe batter into mini cupcake liners.
- Bake cakes 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with dark chocolate butter cream frosting. Pipe frosting using small round tip or opening. Dust with dark cocoa powder in a small sieve if desired.
- Garnish with tiny rose icing decoration to center of each cupcake. Serve the mini cakes in a decorative regular sized cupcake liner for presentation. Do not remove mini cupcake liner from baked cakes