Everything Quick Yeast Dinner Rolls are soft and tender rolls baked with everything bagel seasoning. Rapid Rise yeast or regular yeast can be used with this recipe to make the dinner rolls.
What’s in Everything Seasoning?
How to Make Everything Quick Yeast Dinner Rolls
Mixing this recipe is a bit different than normal yeast dinner rolls in that the process mixes yeast, warm milk, sugar, softened butter, and eggs all at one time. So it’s important your milk is heated to 110 degrees. Also, another difference is the yeast, you can use active dry or rapid rise. Normally with active dry yeast, you have to proof the yeast to make sure it is active. To do this your milk/liquid is heated between 110-115 degrees. With rapid rise yeast, the liquid temperature is 115-120 degrees and mixed with dry ingredients and not the liquid. It sounds a bit confusing but with this recipe just keep your milk temperature 110 degrees.
Mix the ingredients with a dough hook in mixing bowl for 10 minutes. Dough will be little bit sticky but that is good. Keep kneading until the sticky becomes incorporated if you need to add flour do so sparingly. The more the flour the dryer the rolls.
Roll the dough into a long tube and cut into 15 pieces for small rolls or 9 for larger size. Line a baking dish with parchment paper up the two ends of the dish. (After baking the rolls the parchment paper is picked up out of the dish with the baked rolls).
After rolling into balls and 45 minute rise. You will coat the rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with the seasoning.
Everything Quick Yeast Dinner Rolls
- Prep Time: 20 minutes+ 45 minute rise
- Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 15 small dinner rolls 1x
- Category: Bread-Dinner Rolls
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
2–1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon active dry or rapid rise yeast
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons whole milk or half n half, warmed 110-115 degrees
Everything Bagel Seasoning
Egg Wash- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon milk
- In mixing bowl of stand mixer fitted with dough hook, add warm milk, yeast, sugar, stir briefly.
- Add butter, egg, flour and salt, beat until dough forms into a ball.
- Knead dough in mixer for 10 minutes or if you want to hand knead do so. (dough will be sticky). Add enough extra flour teaspoon at a time to firm up the dough if necessary.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl, cut dough into 15 pieces if you want small dinner rolls or 9 pieces for larger rolls.
- Roll the pieces into a round ball.
- Place dough balls into buttered parchment lined baking casserole dish, 9 x 13′ or 8 x8″ depending on number of pieces. Extend parchment paper over the sides of the baking dish for easy removal after baking.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and let rise for 40 minutes or until double.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush risen rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake rolls for 18-20 minutes. Tent rolls with foil to prevent over browning.
Keywords: #rolls #recipe #bread