Need a cute Easter Dessert? Serve this cute Cake Easter Basket made with XL kit kat candy sticks . The cake is decorated like an Easter Basket filled with marshmallow peeps and candy Easter eggs.
Easter Kit Kat Basket is made with XL Kit Kat candy sticks on sides of a 6″ round chocolate cake. Kit Kat’s create an Easter basket filled with Marshmallow Peep bunny and Easter Eggs. Wow.. why not use Kit Kats for the sides of a cake to make it look like an Easter basket. Add a dark brown pipe cleaner handle and you have a basket! Tis the season for Easter and Spring! Your kiddos will love this fun cake and you will enjoy making it. Read or check video to see how to create this cute cake.
How to Make the Kit Kat Easter Basket| Video
How to Make Kit Kat® Easter Basket
Gather the following materials for this cake:
Baked and frosted cake
Kit Kat® Crisp Wafers-XL
Vanilla frosting, (tinted green) & Chocolate frosting
Large marshmallow bunny peep
Food coloring gel- green
Candy chocolate eggs
Dark brown pipe cleaners
Chocolate candy eggs or Easter candies of your choice
Easter wired ribbon
Step 1: Two Layer 6″ Cakes & Kit Kat’s
You can bake your own cakes in a 6 ” round cake pan or purchase a 6″ round already made cake. Either way you will also need a can of chocolate frosting. The frosting will act like the “glue” to attach the Kit Kats.® Chocolate Cake Recipe : Black Forest Mini Cakes
Allow your cake to cool completely before adding the frosting. Add the crisp wafers, separated sticks and add one at a time to the sides of the frosted cake.
Easter Kit Kat Basket Tutorial Step 2: Grass and Leaves
After you have the kit kats on the sides of the cake, top the chocolate frosted cake top with a thin layer of the green frosting. To tint frosting, place white buttercream frosting (home made or canned) in a small bowl. Add a couple of drops of food coloring gel to get desired green color. You will also tint the coconut by placing in a zip lock baggie with a few drops of food coloring gel. Shake bag until coco
Easter Kit Kat Basket Tutorial Step 3: Bunny Peep
Add a toothpick to the underside of the bunny peep and insert in center of cake. I found this large 3″ bunny peep in a 3 per package at Walmart.Print
How to Make an Easter “Kit Kat” Basket|Video Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes + 20 minutes Decorate
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 12-1 inch servings 1x
- Category: Dessert- Easter
- Method: Baking-Decorating
- Cuisine: American
1–6” round-2 layer baked chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
4– 4.5 ounce XL Kit Kat Crisp Wafers-separated
1-large bunny peep or chocolate standing bunny
½ cup chocolate frosting
1 can vanilla frosting- tinted green
2 cups grated coconut- tinted green
Assorted Easter candy eggs-tested Hershey’s milk chocolate eggs
12 dark brown pipe cleaners, twisted together to make handle-optional
1 –½ yards of wired edge Easter decorative ribbon- optional
Piping bag with leaf tip-optional
- Bake or purchase 6 inch 2 layer cake. Frost baked cake sides and top with chocolate frosting.
- Separate the X-long Kit Kat’s into individual sticks. Attach each stick-flat side facing cake vertically to side of frosted cake with sticks touching each other to create the basket look. If necessary, add chocolate frosting to flat side of Kit Kat and attach to side of cake.
- In vanilla frosting container, tint frosting with green food coloring. Place coconut in zip lock bag and tint with green food coloring, toss coconut inside the bag until coconut is totally tinted.
- Spread thin layer of green frosting over the chocolate frosting on cake top, sprinkle with tinted coconut.
- In piping bag with leaf tip fill with green frosting. Pipe leaves around upper edge of cake over and on top of Kit Kat sticks.
- Place toothpick in base of bunny peep and center bunny on the cake. Surround bunny with other Easter candies. Add basket handle and decorative ribbon if desired.
- Basket handle is made with dark brown pipe cleaners, twisted together. Wrap ends of pipe cleaner with plastic and insert into cake top.
- Serve cake on white ruffled 8″ cake stand. Stand found at Pier 1 Imports.
Kit Kat Candies- https://www.thehersheycompany.com