Make it Quick Peanut Brittle with 15 minutes of time and microwave. Stir together sugar and light corn syrup, microwave 5 minutes. Add peanuts or other nut, microwave for 3 minutes. Add baking soda and vanilla then spread on lightly greased baking sheet. Cool and break into pieces for a quick and perfect candy.
Make it Quick Peanut Brittle
Super easy to make. 15 minutes and you’re done. Make this recipe on a sunny day if possible so the brittle will not be sticky.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 pound 1x
- Category: Desserts- Candy
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1–1/2 cups peanuts
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla, no imitation
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- In large glass microwavable safe bowl add sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir with wooden spoon to mix- it will be sticky.
- Microwave 5 minutes, stir to mix, add peanuts and stir to coat.
- Microwave 3 additional minutes, mixture should look like peanut butter, if not, microwave 1 additional minute. (no more- you will burn it).
- Add butter and vanilla to mixture. Stir, add baking soda. The mixture will expand and turn lighter in color.
- Immediately pour candy into sprayed baking pan. Shift pan from right to left to level candy mixture. Do not use your spoon to level out the top of the candy!*
- All candy to cool, then break into pieces.
- Store in air tight container or zip lock plastic bag until ready to serve.
- Lightly spray all mixing containers and baking sheet with cooking spray for easy release of harden sugars. Coat mixing cup with spray when measuring corn syrup.
- Do not over microwave even if the color doesn’t seem to be dark like you might think it should look. Mixture can burn quickly.
- Do not use a spoon to level out the top of candy*.