Easy to make red, white and blue patriotic mini cheesecakes for dessert for 4th of July. Making these 2 bite mini cakes takes a few minutes as the cream cheese mixture is tinted into three colors. Along with the food gel coloring, blueberry and strawberry jam adds flavor.
Whether you bake these minis in a muffin tin or cupcake liner, the vanilla wafer crust provides a solid base for eating. Takes moments to mix, bake and decorate. Piped cream cheese whipped cream frosting piped in swirls and sprinkled with edible confetti makes these delights adorable and festive.
How to Make Mini Red, White and Blue Cheesecakes
Making these cheesecakes is very simple. Begin with softened 12 ounces cream cheese 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs. 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup flour and vanilla. Batter is divided into three bowls and tinted with red and navy food gel.
I added 1 tablespoon melted blueberry jam to the navy batter and 1 tablespoon melted strawberry jam to the red. This is optional but will add a hint of strawberry and blueberry flavors. Substituting raspberry jam for strawberry would also be flavorful.
Placing the cheesecake batter in disposable piping bag with round tip # 5 will assist with filling the small cavities in the pan.
Tip: place the disposable bag in a tall drinking glass to fill with cheesecake batter.
Before filling the pan with batter, you need to crush the vanilla wafers, mix with butter and press 1 tablespoon into wells of pan. My pan is a mini cheesecake pan with removable bottoms. Sure makes it easier to remove after baking and chilling.
Pipe each batter into wells, red, white and and ending with blue or any combination you desire. Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan and frosting.
Because it is fun to pipe the frosting in a swirl, I used tip # 1 M to get the look. Without a doubt piping whipped cream frosting high will give you more room for colorful sprinkles. I had a challenge finding red, white and blue jimmies this season so I used ice cream topping assorted sprinkles instead. I call it confetti because it is so colorful.
Let’s make the cheesecakesPrint
Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes Red, White and Blue Desserts
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 24 mini desserts 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 cup vanilla wafer cookie, crushed + 2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla or creme bouquet
red food gel
navy food gel
1 tablespoon blueberry jam, melted
1 tablespoon strawberry jam, melted
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons marshmallow creme- optional
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
Garnish: colorful sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In food processor fitted with steel blade, crush vanilla wafers by pulsing 20 second intervals. Add melted butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. Pulse 12 seconds.
- Lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray, add 1 tablespoons cookie crumbs to each well. Press crumbs firmly to wells bottom. Use a small sauce cup to help push crumbs into wells. Set aside while making filling.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and sour cream, beat to blend. Add flour and extract, beat 1 minute.
- Equally divide batter into three bowls , tint one bowl red and one blue, leaving the third bowl natural batter for the white.
- Add 2 drops of red food gel to one bowl with 1 tablespoons melted strawberry jam, add 2 drops of navy food gel to second bowl with 1 tablespoon melted blueberry jam. Stir to blend. Add additional coloring if desired.
- In 3 tall glasses, place piping bag fitted with small round tip # 5 inside the glass. Fill the bag with assorted fillings.
- Pipe the red, white and blue fillings on top of the crumbs and each layer of cheesecake.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan.
Frosting: When ready to serve; whip cream cheese, marshmallow creme-optional and heavy whipping cream together with 1/4 cup confectioners sugar + vanilla. Place frosting in piping bag fitted with swirl tip # 1 M. Pipe swirls on top of each mini cheesecake garnish with confetti sprinkles.
Keep cheesecakes refrigerated.
Can be made a day ahead but pipe frosting right before serving.