Need a Super Moist Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe? Serve this cake for breakfast or anytime you need a snack. Grab your food processor and whip up this cake in minutes. Toasted pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, almond flour, butter pulsed together makes a delicious streusel. Cinnamon infused batter made with half n half, butter, almond and all purpose flour, eggs, sugar and leveling agents divided in half fill spring form pan with two layers of streusel.
Bake this cake in a convection oven if you have one or regular oven at 350 for 40-55 minutes. Coffee cake is done when skewer comes out clean after baking. Allow cake to cool 15 minutes before removing outer ring of pan, then cool at room temperature for one hour. Cooling helps firm up the cake and streusel.
Easy Tips: Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
Toasting pecans makes the streusel nutty and full flavored when mixed with almond and all purpose flour. Toast briefly in preheated oven 350 until lightly toasted. Place the warm pecans in food processor fitted with blade along with brown sugar, almond flour and all purpose. Mixing almond with all purpose gives the coffee cake texture the bakery flavor and tender crumb.
Tip 1: Pack your brown sugar in measuring cup for best results. Set streusel aside until cake batter is in baking pan.
Tip 2: Allow butter to softened but not too soft for the streusel and cake batter. You will need 2 sticks of butter. For best results use real butter and not margarine.
Most ingredients you probably have in your pantry except for half and half and creme bouquet flavoring. Creme bouquet is optional, but adds great flavor to the coffee cake. I use the creme bouquet in cookies too, once you use it you will love it.
Double Streusel For Super Moist Cake
Layering the streusel between the cake batter will add texture and additional richness to the cake. Layering and stacking the streusel along the sides of the cake pan and not stacking the center of the cake will help the cake to rise in the middle during and after baking. Sometimes when the streusel level is too thick in the center of the cake, the cake will rise and then fall after baking. Cover the cake with foil for the first 35 minutes of baking to prevent over browning streusel. Continue to bake additional 35 minutes or until cake center is done.
Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake Needs to Rest Before Serving
If you can wait 1 hour or up to 2 hours before cutting the coffee cake would be best. Although if you cut it before the cooling time keep in mind it may crumble and not be firm to serve. It is a rich cake and allowing the cooling time will help with pretty cake slices.Print
Super Moist Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Total Time: 90 minutes + 1 hour cool
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast Cake
- Method: Food Processor-Baking
- Cuisine: American
2 cups toasted pecan halves
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons salt
8 tablespoons butter, cubed, slightly chilled
2 teaspoons water
1–1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter- divided, cubed and slightly softened
3/4 cup half n half or whole milk
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon creme bouquet*optional
- In food processor with steel blade, pulse together 10 seconds toasted pecans and brown sugar.
- Add flours, cinnamon, salt, pulse 5 seconds.
- Add cubed butter and water, pulse until mixture clumps together. Remove streusel from processor bowl, set aside.
- With one tablespoon of butter, grease and flour 9″ springform pan. Set aside on baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees convection or standard.
- In bowl of processor fitted with steel blade, add flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, process 10-15 seconds.
- Add 7 tablespoons cubed butter to flour mixture. pulse 8 seconds.
- In mixing cup, add half n half, eggs, extracts, stir to mix, add to batter. Process 5- 8 seconds to blend.
- Remove batter from bowl, divide in half, spread one half in bottom of springform pan,
- Add half of streusel to cake batter top, building up sides with streusel around the edge of the pan, then fill in center.
- Add remaining half of batter on top of streusel, add remaining streusel. Cover with foil and place cake pan on baking sheet. Cover with foil to protect streusel from over browning.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes, remove foil and continue to bake additional 35 minutes. Check to see if center is done by inserting a skewer or toothpick that comes out clean. If needed, bake additional 5-10 minutes. Watch carefully as not to burn streusel topping.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from ring, then cool 1 hour or up to 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Keywords: Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake