Beef Wellington Bites Recipe |Appetizer
- Yield: 24 mini appetizers 1x
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup diced button mushrooms
1 small shallot, diced
¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
1 (5.2 ounce) Boursin cheese
1 (1-pound) trimmed beef tenderloin, cut into 24 (1/2 inch) cubes
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon butter
2 egg yolks, beaten
½ teaspoon water
Horseradish Dipping Sauce
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup prepared horseradish
½ teaspoon dried dill or chives
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots. Sauté until browned. Toss in salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Dip each cut tenderloin into mustard. Set aside until all cubes are coated.
- In medium sized skillet on simmer or medium high heat, let pan get hot. Watch carefully.
- Add coated meat cubes to hot skillet. Allow to simmer until brown on both sides. Do not over cook.
- Remove pan from heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Gently stir to coat browned meat. Let cool.
- Whisk together egg yolk and water. Set aside.
- On floured surface, roll out thawed pastry sheet into 12 x 12 inch square, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a 3 x 3 inch template or biscuit square cutter, cut pastry into 12 squares.
- Layer the following ingredients in the center of each pastry square, mushrooms, one beef cube, and ¼ teaspoon or more Boursin Cream. Brush edges of pastry with egg wash. Fold dough corners over filling in the center to make a packet. Pinch seal all 4 edges. Should look like an X on the top of the packet.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile make next batch.
- Preheat oven to 450. Egg -wash refrigerated bites. Bake bites for 10 minutes until puffed and brown.
- Mix together all ingredients for the dipping sauce. Serve with warm bites.