Looks like Mexican wedding cake cookies but Honey, Pecans, Butter instead of margarine makes this tender cookie delicious and easy to make. Bake at 300 for 25 minutes then roll in confectioner’s sugar while warm. Perfect little cookie for receptions, gift giving and eating anytime of the year.
Plan for 90 minutes from start to finish making these cookies. These cookies freeze well just remember to thaw before rolling a second time in confectioner’s sugar.
How to bake Honey Pecan Butter Cookies
For best results bake these chilled round balls on an aluminum baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Shiny baking sheets will help your cookies bake evenly. Dark baking sheets will cause your cookies to brown rapidly and are best for rustic type cookies.
Honey Pecan Butter Cookie Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 min +30 chill
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 90 minutes
- Yield: 36- 1" cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert- Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1 cup butter, not margarine -softened
1/3 cup honey
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup confectioners sugar for garnish
- In large mixing bowl, beat softened butter and honey at medium speed until creamy.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for confectioners sugar, add to creamed butter honey mixture.
- Remove cookie batter from mixing bowl and place in plastic wrap. Wrap dough in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls or the size desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Do not allow to turn brown. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Roll cookies in confectioner’s sugar coating completely.
- Allow to sit 5 minutes then roll again in confectioner’s sugar.
- Cookies will keep 5-7 days at room temperature in sealed container.
- Can be frozen. After freezing and thawing roll again in confectioners sugar.
Keywords: Pecan Cookies,