Caramel Pumpkin Orange Jam recipe is a fall favorite for toast, pancakes, waffles and even ice cream topping. Pumpkin puree is mixed with caramel ice cream topping, oranges and the zest, sugar and liquid pectin. This is quick and easy to make but needs to be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Whether serving the jam warm or cold is totally up to you. I love it both ways. Great for Thanksgiving too as sauce for sweet potatoes, and turkey sandwiches. You will be amazed how often you will make this recipe.
In addition, it’s sweet caramel flavor with pumpkin puree is great over popped corn. Who would have thought that? Orange, Caramel and Pumpkin YUM!
How to Make Pumpkin Orange Jam
Gather your ingredients, you will need the following, liquid pectin, Libby’s pumpkin puree not pie filling, sugar, ground cinnamon, butterscotch ice cream topping, oranges, orange zest, and lemon juice. I used 4 oranges, and the peel for the zest. Use a microplane for zesting the oranges.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add pumpkin puree, granulated sugar and caramel topping. Stir with wooden spoon to keep mixture from burning. Add orange pieces- smaller pieces will make it easier to blend, zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and the liquid pectin. Stir continuously and simmer for 10 minutes or until thick. Turn off heat and using a hand blender, blend ingredients to make a smooth sauce.
Pour into sterilized jars. I used jam jars. To sterilize jars, run them in the dishwasher with a hot rinse. Fill jars while they are hot.
Note: This jam needs to be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. It is not shelf stable for canning.Print
Caramel Pumpkin Orange Jam
A quick pumpkin jam made with oranges and zest, perfect for ice cream, sweet potatoes, ham and turkey. Also makes a great gift for the holidays.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 -1/2 pint canning jars 1x
- Category: Jam
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can Pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 medium sized oranges, zest and peeled, then cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons of butterscotch or caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 lemon juiced, or 2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 packet of liquid pectin
- Place pumpkin puree in medium sauce pan over medium heat; add granulated sugar and caramel topping.
- Stir to combine.
- Add orange pieces, lemon juice, cinnamon and pectin.
- Stir continuously and simmer for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Add orange zest. Turn off heat.
- Using hand blender, blend ingredients to make a smooth sauce. Pour into sterilized jars.
- Refrigerate jam up to 2 weeks. Serve over ice cream, cakes, turkey, or ham.