Caramel Pumpkin Orange Jam is a fall favorite for toast, pancakes, waffles and even ice cream topping. Pumpkin puree is mixed with caramel ice cream topping, oranges and the zest, sugar and liquid pectin. This is quick and easy to make but needs to be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Peanut Brittle is the tiny cookie/garnish with the ice cream.
Caramel Pumpkin Orange Jam
A quick pumpkin jam made with oranges and zest, perfect for ice cream, sweet potatoes, ham and turkey. Also makes a great gift for the holidays.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 -1/2 pint canning jars 1x
- Category: Jam
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can Pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 medium sized oranges, zest and peeled, then cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons of butterscotch or caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 lemon juiced, or 2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 packet of liquid pectin
- Place pumpkin puree in medium sauce pan over medium heat; add granulated sugar and caramel topping.
- Stir to combine.
- Add orange pieces, lemon juice, cinnamon and pectin.
- Stir continuously and simmer for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Add orange zest. Turn off heat.
- Using hand blender, blend ingredients to make a smooth sauce. Pour into sterilized jars.
- Refrigerate jam up to 2 weeks. Serve over ice cream, cakes, turkey, or ham.