Make the best Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip cookie recipe ever! Cookies bake up beautifully and can be made ahead. A special ingredient includes Pumpkin Spice instant Pudding and Pie mix. If you can’t find the pudding and pie mix, use pumpkin spices in the recipe. This mix is only found in the fall so consider picking up a couple of extra packages to make these cookies through out the season. Make a double batch of these cookies for they will be eaten by the hands full.
Mixing the batter is simple like a basic chocolate chip recipe with a fall flavor. To get a deeper pumpkin flavor add 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin but increase the flour by 2 tablespoons to make sure batter is balanced.
Tips on baking these cookies
- Measure flour using dry measuring cup, avoid scooping the flour in the cup but rather spoon flour and level off for best accurate measure.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl with the pudding mix, then add these dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Use an ice cream scoop to get evenly sized cookies.
- If you have coarse sea salt, sprinkle on top of the cookies right after they come out of the oven. Delicious!
Best Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert|Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1–3-ounce package Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding and Pie Mix-dry* found at Walmart
2–½ cups all- purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1-teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
12 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
1-cup dark brown sugar
2 cups chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped toasted chopped pecans
- Sift together, pudding mix, flour, soda, spice and salt, set aside.
- In mixing bowl fitted with beater attachment, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and honey beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat until dough forms together.
- Add chocolate morsels and toasted pecans to dough, mix thoroughly by hand.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough into rounds and place on parchment lined baking sheet or roll dough into 1” balls.
- Bake cookies at 350 for 7-10 minutes.
Recipe adapted from http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/10/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-pudding-cookies/