Whether hosting a fall luncheon or Thanksgiving Dinner, this easy Pumpkin Mousse Dessert Recipe makes a quick and pretty presentation. Pumpkin puree, vanilla instant pudding mix and fresh whipped cream with pumpkin pie spice whipped together and served in small decorative dishes will get rave reviews. Have the recipe handy for you will get many requests. For a special garnish melt chocolate and cut into small pumpkin shapes and Ginger Cookies.
Ginger Cookies along with chocolate shaped pieces make a pretty presentation.
Serve this dessert in small mini parfait glasses with extra maple sandwich cookies.Print
Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
Rich creamy canned pumpkin mixed with instant vanilla pudding and pie mix with fresh whipped cream is served in decorative dishes with pumpkin chocolate cut outs and ginger cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-1/2 cup servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing and Chilling
- Cuisine: American
1 box (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
• 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
• 2/3 cup (5 fl. oz. can) CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
• 1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin*
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipped cream, whipped and separated
Orange food coloring- optional
Garnishes: Chocolate mini cut out pumpkins and Anna’s ginger cookies.
To make the chocolate cut out pumpkins or leaf. Melt 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Stir until melted and smooth. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread melted chocolate in 1/4 inch layer. Refrigerate until firm. Using a mini pumpkin cookie cutter or leaf, cut out chocolate. If chocolate gets soft, just refrigerate for a few minutes to harden, then cut out designs.
- COMBINE pudding mix and pie spice in medium bowl. With whisk, add evaporated milk; mix until well blended.
- Add pumpkin and mix. For brighter pumpkin mix add a few drops of orange food coloring.
- Whip heavy cream with 1/4 cup confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Whip until medium soft peaks.
- Gently fold in 1 cup whipped cream into pudding mixture. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with additional whipped cream and pie spice or crushed ginger cookies.
Serve it up Sassy in a mini round shaped glass bowl or mini trifle dish. Garnish with fresh whipped cream, gingersnap cookie crumbles, or Anna’s ginger cookies.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
*Recipe adapted from Libby’s
Chill mixture and stir before serving in dishes. Pipe with fresh whipped cream, chocolate cut outs and purchased maple or ginger cookies.
Use Pumpkin puree and not the Pumpkin pie filling.
Other Fall Ideas you might like to try: