Whats better than candy at Christmas? More candy! You will love this no-bake easy Chocolate Peanut Caramel Bars for a quick candy type bar. Your cookie tray will never be the same once your family and friends taste these candies. So Let’s eat Candy!
Simple Ingredients; Caramels, Peanuts, Chocolate
Melted semisweet chocolate chips layered with caramel -peanut center and covered with semisweet chips makes this candy recipe one you will make over and over.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Caramel Bars
The candies are made in a 8″ x 8′ square casserole or baking pan. You will need to line the pan with aluminum foil, making it easy for the candy to be removed from the dish.
Melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil over double boiler, or in microwave at 25 second intervals until melted. Pour half of chocolate in bottom of pan, chill about 15-20 minutes until firmly set.
Meanwhile, unwrap about 30 caramels and place in top of double boiler or in large microwave safe bowl, combine caramels, cream and butter. Heat in 40 second intervals at 100% power until caramels melt and mixture is smooth.
A double boiler is simply a medium saucepan half filled with water over medium high heat. When the water comes to a boil, turn down heat to medium then add another heat proof bowl with the contents you want to melt (caramels or chocolate ) over the top of the boiled water.
Want to microwave caramels do this,
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine caramels, cream and butter. Heat in 40 second intervals at 100% power until caramels melt and mixture is smooth.
Mixing Caramels and Peanuts
After the caramels are melted add the chopped peanuts, stir to coat. Layer caramel nut mixture over top of chilled chocolate. Return to refrigerator about 15-20 minutes to set.
While the bars are chilling, re-melt chocolate if it has set. Pour melted chocolate over the top of the caramel/peanut mixture. Spread evenly to cover entire candies. Return to refrigerator for an hour to completely set.
At this point, cover the candy with foil in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When you are ready to gift give or serve, remove bars from pan, picking up the extended foil. Release foil from bars and cut into squares or bars.
Because this candy is very sweet, I cut these candies 1″ x 1″ to fit inside of a mini cupcake liner when making a cookie tray.
Tip: If your cookie tray sits out for a while, the caramel softens and candy becomes sticky so having them in paper liners will make it easy for people to pick up.
Super easy to make and they are delicious! This recipe was inspired by Nestle® Company where they cut the bars into 1″x 2″ rectangles, which makes about 2 dozen candies.Print
Chocolate Peanut Caramel Bars
Two layers of semi sweet chocolate is layered with caramel and chopped peanuts, chilled and cut into bars.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars or 48 -1 x 1"squares 1x
- Category: Dessert- Candy
- Method: Melt and chill
- Cuisine: American
One 11–1/2 ounce package or 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
30 Kraft caramels, wrappers removed
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Line 8 x 8″ baking pan with aluminum foil. Extend foil over sides and bottom of pan. Extending foil on sides will help release the candy from the pan for easy cutting. Set aside.
- In medium microwave safe bowl, combine 2 cups chocolate chips & vegetable oil, stir to coat. Microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour one cup of melted chocolate in bottom of foil lined pan. Reserve remaining 1 cup.
- Place chocolate in refrigerator to chill 15-20 minutes.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and cream together. Heat at 100% at 40 second intervals until caramels are melted, stir to combine cream, butter and caramels until smooth.
- Add chopped peanuts to caramel, stir to mix. Pour caramel mixture over chilled chocolate. Return to refrigerator to chill 15 -20 minutes.
- With reserved 1 cup melted chocolate, pour over chilled caramel nut layer. Return to refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
To serve: Remove caramels from pan using foil extensions as handles, release candy from foil. Cut into desired squares or rectangles. 1″ x 1″ or 1″ x 2″.
You can serve these in mini cupcake liners due to caramel softening and stickiness.
Store covered in refrigerator.
Keywords: chocolate caramel bars