To Make a Christmas Tree Napkin Fold you will need a 20 X 20 inch napkin. The napkin is folded in half and half again to form a square. The outside edges are loose and layers of folds are tucked under each layer to form the tree shape. Stand the napkin upright in front of the setting or add a tiny red bow to the top of the tree and a pretzel stick for a trunk and lay the napkin horizontal on the dinner plate. The visual of this napkin fold is impressive and everyone will want to know how you made it.
Featured in All About the Table Digital Magazine- Christmas 2023. Follow the instructions below only substitute a white napkin
Supplies Needed: Christmas Tree Napkin Fold
- A 20 x 20 napkin- red or green or color as desired
- Iron and ironing board
- Small pin or paper clip
- Small bow or star for tree topper-optional
- Pretzel nugget for tree base- optional
- White napkin tree does not have a base, but you will need cocktail or small paper straws and mini star to glue to the straw which will stand vertical inside the napkin fold once finished.
How to Make a Christmas Tree Napkin Fold
Fold 20 x 20 inch napkin into a square. The paper star just notes the top of the tree in this illustration, Make sure the loose edges of the fold are facing you on a flat surface.
2. Fold up each layer to the top leaving a 1 ” space between folds. Turn under the tips of the napkin as you go if desired or wait until the end. Complete until all ends are folded toward the top of the napkin. For White napkin do not fold under tips of points, see photo of finished napkin.
3. Notice the completed shape with the folds. Remember white napkin tree will not have folded points, your points will remain down.
4. Pick up the napkin, while holding the folds and turn it over. Pick up the left corner and fold to the center. Repeat with the right corner, forming a tree shape.
5. After folding the right side to the center over the left side fold, tuck the short ends under the left fold.
6.Gently pick up the napkin and turn over. You have a tree shaped napkin. You can place this napkin flat on a dinner plate or stand. To stand, spread open the bottom and balance. You may want to use a small pin or paper clip to hold into place. Note: white napkin will have bottom tip tucked under. You will have 4 points instead of 5 see finished photo.
7.At this point you can add a small star ribbon or other star ornament or no ornament. Its your choice. If you lay the napkin at a place setting you can add a pretzel nugget for a tree trunk. White napkin does not have a tree stump.
How to Make the Gold Star
You will need cocktail straws or paper straws, cut the height of the napkin tree. Also needed are small gold stars. Hot glue stars to one end of straw. Allow to dry before standing vertically inside the red or white napkin fold.
Christmas Tree Napkin Fold Completed!
Other Ideas You Might Like to Try:
How to make a fresh boxwood wreath