Whether hosting a fall harvest party or needing a fall treat this Giant Pumpkin Cookie will be your favorite. These cookies are so cute frosted like pretty pumpkins. On hand pantry ingredients make this cookie a quick fix. Ingredients such as pure pumpkin puree, oats, vegetable oil, flour, baking soda, brown sugar, butter, fall spices, mini chocolate chips and chopped pecans . make these cookie moist and delicious. Frosting these cookies with bright orange & green buttercream makes these cookies extra special. Cookies can be made ahead and frozen without frosting so be sure to bake a double batch!
Easy Make Ahead Cookies
Pumpkin Puree is secret ingredient to moist cookies.
Pumpkin puree and not the pumpkin pie filling makes these cookies very moist and tender.
Heres a tip; if you want to cook the pumpkin in a saucepan before adding to cookie dough will help dry up the puree a bit and deepen the pumpkin flavor. You will cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, allow to cool before adding to cookie dough. You can also add your fall spices to the warm pumpkin if desired.
Tip # 2: Toast your pecans or nuts before adding to cookie dough. The flavor will make these cookies over the top delicious!
Ok Heres the Recipe! Let me know how many times you bake these cookies. xo Liz
Giant Pumpkin Cookies with Frosting
This pumpkin filled recipe can be dressed up or dressed down frosted and decorated by kids or elegantly frosted, large or small these cookies are perfect for Fall Harvest Parties.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-22 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 20 large or 22 small cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert-Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
2 cups quick or old fashion oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
34 cup vegetable oil
2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can (16 ounce) Libby’s Solid Pack Pumpkin
1 cup mini chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt in medium sized bowl. set aside.
- Cream butter and oil together until blended. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar, Beat until smooth and creamy. Add pumpkin. Beat to blend.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat to mix.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture. Dough will be soft. If it is too soft add 1/4 cup all purpose flour. Add mini chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup or large ice cream scoop. Scoop dough into rounds. Place on baking sheet and with floured fingers, flatten out dough into a pumpkin shape. Form a stem with an additional piece of cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned. Rotate baking pans in oven for even baking.
- When cookies are completely cool, Frost and decorate as desired. Store in air tight container.
- Assorted candies to decorate pumpkin face or frost with orange butter cream frosting. Attach candies with peanut butter or frosting.
- If frosting, tint butter-cream with orange Wilton food coloring gel or paste for base, Green color paste for leaves.
- To pipe leaves use tip #67-Wilton
To see more Harvest Party ideas click here.