Honey Bee Cupcakes with Honey Cheese Filling will create quite the Buzz around town! Bee-cause bees make the best honey mixing this ingredient in a white cake mix makes these cupcakes not only delicious but very moist. Egg whites keep the cake white while the honey infused cream cheese filling baked inside the cupcakes makes these little cakes divine. These beautiful cupcakes are garnished with tiny sugar “honey bees” sitting on a “hive” shaped buttercream frosting.
Whether serving this in the spring or summer, Easter or Baby Shower Gender Reveal these cupcakes are festive and fun. Bee-cause cupcakes are easy to make, bake several. If you don’t want to make cupcakes, see how to make a Honey Bee Cake. These cake ideas are over-the-top cute and delicious. perfect for spring and summer entertaining.
Cake Mixes verses From Scratch Cakes| Why I use mixes
Cake mixes are accurate and easy to mix together. They are also not expensive to purchase. Duncan Hines is my preferred cake mix. In addition to being accurate in measurement and baking perfection if you add an instant pudding and pie mix and additional eggs you can create a lovely pound cake.
Nevertheless, I don’t always use a cake mix for baking. Baking from scratch requires a good basic recipe and proven ingredients that work together. Check out this Mocha Cupcake Recipe it is delicious!!!
If you don’t want to make the buttercream frosting check out this whipped cream frosting instead. Sometimes Buttercream frosting can be very sweet and with the honey added to the recipe does make this cupcake really sweet.Print
Honey Bee Cupcakes
Vanilla cupcakes infused with sweet honey and filled with baked-in honey cream cheese filling, frosted with honey butter cream frosting piped to look like a bee hive.
*** this cupcake is very sweet, consider using Whipped Cream Frosting to lighten the sweetness. Honey in the cupcake recipe makes this extra sweet as well as the drizzle.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 standard cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1–15.25 ounce classic white cake mix
1/3 cup clover or orange blossom honey
3/4 cup water
3 egg whites
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons marshmallow cream
3 tablespoons honey
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon creme bouquet or clear vanilla extract- optional
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 –4 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla- optional
Extra honey to drizzle over frosted cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Lightly spray liners with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add cake mix, egg whites, honey, water and vegetable oil. With hand mixer beat for 2 minutes.
- In small mixing bow, add cream cheese, marshmallow cream, honey, egg white and beat on medium speed to combine. Set aside this filling for cupcakes.
- With ice cream scoop fill liners half full with cupcake batter. With a teaspoon spoon cream cheese filling in center of cupcake batter. Add additional teaspoon of cake batter over the top of filling. Fill the cupcake liner only 3/4 full.
- Bake cupcakes 18-20 minutes or until down when cake top springs back. (If you insert a toothpick you will get the filling and not a true reading of doneness.)
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- In large mixing bowl, add softened butter and cream cheese, beat until very smooth.
- Add honey and extract, beat until smooth.
- Add confectioner’s sugar and beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
Fill pastry bag fitted with large round tip with frosting. Pipe frosting in center of cupcake and around the outside edges of the cakes creating a bee hive effect.
Garnish cupcakes with small honey bee icing decorations. Drizzle with honey if desired.
I found the honey bee icing decorations at Hobby Lobby
Other Ideas you might like to try: