Hosting a Kentucky Derby Party? Make this Kentucky Derby Bars for dessert! The bars have a solid filling with toasted pecans and mini chocolate chips making this graham cracker crust dessert sweet and decadent.
If you have chocolate and pecans you can make these bars. Graham cracker crumbs are crushed with melted butter and pressed into a baking dish. The filling is like a pecan pie only with chocolate! So delicious and easy recipe to follow.
Regardless if you attend the derby or not, you will want to make these bars. They are a southern dessert you will make time and again.
Easy Recipe for Kentucky Derby Celebrations!
Kentucky Derby Bars Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes + chill time
- Yield: 24-2" squares 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
3 ¼ cups crushed graham crackers
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup sugar
1 egg white
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
½ cup dark corn syrup
¼ cup butter, melted
3 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 cups chopped pecans
1 (12 ounce) package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 10 x 14 or 9 x 13 inch pan with aluminum foil, spray foil with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine crackers, sugar, butter and egg white. Using a fork stir to blend. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Prepare Filling: In large mixing bowl, add brown sugar, syrups, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour, stir to blend.
- Add pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Cover baking dish with foil the last 15 minutes to prevent over browning.
Tip: Line baking pan with lightly coated parchment paper with paper extending over the edges of the pan. Spread batter in paper and bake as directed. Allow to cool in pan, then lift paper out of the baking dish for easy slicing.
Tip 2: To help slice into clean bars, place bars in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or longer then slice. Just make sure you cut the brownies after they are completely chilled. Use a straight edge knife, heat knife in warm water to warm blade, then slice into bars.
Keywords: #Kentucky #Derby #recipe #chocolate #pecans