Mini Hot Browns Appetizer are perfect little bites for Kentucky Derby Day or any occasion. Small crusty bread rounds are topped with sliced smoked turkey, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, bacon bits, cherry tomato slices and fresh parsley. See more Derby Day Recipes and Tablescape here.
Easy to Make Appetizer Served up Sassy Style
Mint Juleps are served at the Derby too, this recipe is alcohol free.. WHAT?>>
Here’s the recipe for the Hot Browns! Pretty simple to make, use a crusty French Bread slices, top with cheddar cheese, bacon, and smoked turkey. Garnish with sliced ripe tomatoes and tiny parsley sprig.Print
Mini Hot Browns |Appetizer
If you want to make your own French Bread, here is my recipe. Very simple and slices beautifully.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-6 broil time
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer- Bread
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: American
12 –1/4” sliced french bread, both sides toasted
4 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
6-thin slices cheddar cheese, cut in quarters
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 pound deli smoked turkey, thin sliced, cut into bite sized pieces to fit bread round
4 Roma tomatoes,sliced into 4 thin slices
2 tablespoons smoked paprika, salt and pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brush both sides of bread with butter or olive oil, place on baking sheet.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut cheddar cheese into 4 squares or triangles
- Place cheese slice and bacon bits on toast.
- Layer 2 turkey pieces and one cut tomato slice on top of cheese and bacon.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Serve these appetizers for Kentucky Derby Parties/receptions.
Keywords: #Kentucky Derby #Appetizer#mini hot browns