Need a little muffin today? Try this Mini Cinnamon Swirl Cruffin. Is it a muffin or a croissant? It’s both. It’s a mixture of rolled crescent roll dough brushed with butter, sprinkled with sugar, ground cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
The dough is rolled like a log, cut in half and cut in half again exposing the cinnamon sugar nut mixture. A 4″ strip is tightly rolled into a circle with the cinnamon sugar mix facing the outside of the mini roll. Two strips are rolled together and placed in a well buttered mini muffin pan. Baked in a hot oven for minutes, this mini cinnamon swirl roll is so delicious and fun to make.
How to Make Mini Swirl Cinnamon Cruffins
Gather your baking supplies, you will need 2 packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, or crescent roll dough. In addition you will need 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 1/4 cups chopped toasted pecans and mini muffin pan. This recipe makes 15 mini rolls.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, brush butter inside mini muffin pan. Set aside. With a rolling pen, roll out each dough roll into a large rectangle. Spread with melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix, and chopped pecans. Start at long side of rectangle, roll dough into a log.
Cut the log in half, then each half in half. Split the logs vertically in half to expose the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll each piece around tightly into a muffin shape, you will be wrapping two log pieces together to make one mini muffin. Place in muffin pan with filling exposed on the outside, another words the layered side facing out.
Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle muffins with cinnamon sugar mix. Serve warm.
You can also make 12 large cruffins using a standard muffin pan but bake 18-20 minutes and use 3 cans of crescent rolls.
This recipe was inspired by The Baker Mama. I was entertaining a few girl friends and needed a little bit of something sweet for breakfast. I found this recipe and adapted recipe slightly to make it mini and my own. They loved em and your family will too.
Mini Cinnamon Swirl Cruffin’s
Mini Cinnamon Swirl Cruffins is a croissant and muffin rolled into one mini roll.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 15–16 mini rolls 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
2 packages of Pillsbury or other brand crescent rolls or dough
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or creme bouquet extract
2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and use cooking spray inside cups of mini muffin pan, set aside.
- Roll each crescent rolls into a large rectangle making sure perforations are blended.
- Mix sugars and ground cinnamon together in a small bowl, set aside. Divide this mix, one mix for inside the rolls and the remaining to sprinkle muffins after they are baked.
- Brush rolled dough with butter, sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture and chopped pecans.
- Starting at long side of rectangle, tightly roll into a rope log. Cut the long rope in half, then half each half.
- Cut each log vertically in half.Tightly roll one log into a small roll muffin shape. You will be using two small cut logs to make one mini muffin. Repeat process with all crescent logs, making 16 mini muffins.
- Place each mini muffin into a mini pan.
- Bake 350 for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, immediately sprinkle with ground cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Drizzle with glaze if desired. To make the glaze, place all ingredients in a small bowl, stir to smooth, if too thin add more confectioners sugar, to thick add more milk.
Keywords: Mini Cruffins, Cinnamon Sugar, Crescent Rolls, Muffins
Other Ideas You Might Like to Try:
Caramel Pecan Coffee Cake