Want a quick hot cocoa in seconds? Stir up a single cup of caramel orange pumpkin spice cocoa, microwave it and top with favorite whipped cream. Pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, special dark cocoa, milk and orange extract make this mug a cocoa delicious.
How to Make Mug a Cocoa
This quick hot cocoa is made with Hershey’s special dark cocoa. If you want another great organic cocoa version, check out this brand. I use this often with almond milk.
Ok.. back to the recipe at hand. In a single microwave safe mug, combine dark cocoa, extract, spices and salt with 2 teaspoons warm milk. Stir, then add sugar or honey, stir again to combine. Fill cup with remaining milk. I use coconut almond milk but you can use your favorite. The pumpkin flavor is pumpkin pie spice and not pumpkin puree.
Microwave on high 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Add fresh whipped cream, drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or jimmies, and sea salt. Delicious!!! Higher the fat content in milk the creamier the hot chocolate + more calories.
Note: Mug size and power of microwave will determine the accuracy of cooking time.
Ok, Here ya go. Easy Recipe for a single mug of Hot Cocoa.Print
Mug-a-Cocoa|Caramel Orange Pumpkin Spice
Recipe makes one mug of cocoa.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1-1/2 minutes
- Total Time: 3 1/2 minutes
- Yield: 1-8 ounce serving 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
1 teaspoon Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa + 2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons sugar
1-teaspoon brown sugar or honey
1 cup milk*
¼ teaspoon orange extract
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
Garnish: whipped cream, caramel sauce, mini chocolate chips, or coarse sea salt
- Combine dark cocoa, extract, spices, salt, 2 teaspoons milk, and sugar in a microwave-safe mug. Stir until smooth. Fill cup with remaining milk.
- Microwave at High 1-1 /2 minutes or until hot. Add whipped cream, drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or sea salt.
- Higher the fat content in milk the creamier the hot chocolate + more calories.
- Mug size and power of microwave will determine the accuracy of cooking time.