Want a quick hot cocoa in seconds? Stir up a single cup of caramel orange pumpkin spice cocoa, microwave it and top with favorite whipped cream. Pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, special dark cocoa, milk and orange extract make this mug a cocoa delicious.Print
Mug-a-Cocoa|Caramel Orange Pumpkin Spice
Recipe makes one mug of cocoa.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1-1/2 minutes
- Total Time: 3 1/2 minutes
- Yield: 1-8 ounce serving 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
1 teaspoon Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa + 2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons sugar
1-teaspoon brown sugar or honey
1 cup milk*
¼ teaspoon orange extract
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
Garnish: whipped cream, caramel sauce, mini chocolate chips, or coarse sea salt
- Combine dark cocoa, extract, spices, salt, 2 teaspoons milk, and sugar in a microwave-safe mug. Stir until smooth. Fill cup with remaining milk.
- Microwave at High 1-1 /2 minutes or until hot. Add whipped cream, drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips or sea salt.
- Higher the fat content in milk the creamier the hot chocolate + more calories.
- Mug size and power of microwave will determine the accuracy of cooking time.