Fall is not complete with out Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Crisp. Easy recipe features a creamy pumpkin filling topped with pecan streusel making this crisp the best ever!
Pumpkin puree by Libby’s makes the best filling. Along with eggs, sugar, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla whipped together for the filling.
Baked in a 5″ mini cast iron skillet makes this dessert extra special. It’s about 1/4 cup serving per skillet. Because you will have batter left over, lightly grease a large cast iron skillet to bake the rest. This recipe will serve 6-8.
Making the streusel
In addition to the filling, the streusel topping makes the dessert extra special. In a food processor, flour, butter and brown sugar processed until large pieces are formed, mixed with pecans, crumbled over filling. Super fast and easy to make.Print
Pecan Streusel Pumpkin Crisp Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-45 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (15-oz.) canned Libby’s pumpkin purée- not pie filling
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1–1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup heavy cream- no options
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 12-inch cast iron skillet and 6- 5″ mini skillet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs to blend. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla, heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Blend to mix.
- In a food processor bowl with steel blade, process flour, brown sugar, salt, and spice to blend. Add chilled cubed butter to flour mixture. Process until mixture forms into large clumps. Remove brown sugar mixture from bowl of processor and add chopped pecans. Gently mix together.
- Form streusel topping in balls, pinch sections of streusel on top of pumpkin pie mixture in an even layer.
- Bake until the filling is set and the top is golden brown, 40 minutes. 25 minutes for mini skillets.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve warm topped fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Other Ideas you might like to try: