Whether you are entertaining for the holidays or just need a snack to munch on make this smoky nut mix. Whole almonds and pecan halves are glazed in a stoutly sweet, smoky blend of molasses and chipotle pepper sauce.
Honey and chipotle sauce with a little bit of sugar is heated over medium heat. While the sugar melts, whole almonds and pecan halves are added and coated with glaze.
In a preheated 300 degree oven the nuts are toasted on a baking sheet for 20 minutes. While nuts are warm, sprinkle with smoked sea salt. McCormick makes a great smoked sea salt in a grinder form.
Great appetizer for buffet tables and charcuteries.
Recipe for Chipotle Smoky NutsPrint
Make Ahead Chipotle Smoky Nut Mix
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer-nuts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1/4 cup molasses or honey
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce- personal preference.
1 cup pecan halves
2 cups whole almonds
Smoked Sea Salt- McCormick
- Preheat oven 300. Lightly grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, add first three ingredients stir until sugar is melted over medium heat.
- Stir often to prevent burning. Add nuts, stir to coat.
- Spread coated nuts on baking sheet.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Stir at 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baking sheet to cool.
- Sprinkle with grated smoked sea salt.
Other Ideas you might like to try: