Love Pizza but not all the bread? Here is a simple recipe for Stuffed Chicken Pepperoni Pizza. Boneless skinless chicken breasts with a cut pocket is filled with Monterey Jack cheese, pepperoni slices, and pizza sauce.
Super easy recipe to make for supper or any special occasion.
How to Make Stuffed Chicken Breast
Instead of pizza dough, chicken breasts are considered the crust. All your favorite ingredients can be substituted for pepperoni. In addition, when selecting chicken breasts make sure they are similar in shape and size for even baking.
Slit two chicken breast to form a pocket on one side or if needed filet breast open but leave connected. Rinse and pat dry, rub with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Open pocket or filet breast. Fill one side with Monetary Jack Cheese. I used Monetary Jack for it melts smoothly and is easier to digest over mozzarella.
On top of cheese, layer 4 pepperoni slices.
At this point, if you don’t like pepperoni, use cooked and drained sausage or other cooked meats, peppers, whatever you love.
Fold remaining chicken breast over the top of filling. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with dried oregano, thyme, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Place in lightly greased baking dish. Cover breasts with marinara or pizza sauce, allowing to completely coat.
Bake in preheated oven at 375 for 30 minutes, do not turn chicken breast during baking.
Remove from oven and add additional shredded Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheese, top with 4 additional pepperoni slices. Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes until cheese and pepperoni is melted and slightly browned.
Serving the Chicken…plating it up!
Serve with toasted home-made French bread and extra sauce if desired. Garnish with diced basil, or green onions.
Delicious Chicken breasts flavored like a pepperoni pizza.
Here’s the recipe. Let me know if you make this dish. xo LizPrint
Stuffed Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
Stuffed chicken breast filled with jack cheese, sauce and pepperoni, topped with more sauce, pepperoni and cheese baked until fully cooked.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 2 chicken breasts 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano, thyme, onion powder, sea salt
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup Marinara or Pizza sauce-tested Bertolli Marinara traditonal
1/2 cup cooked sausage, drained
16 slices pepperoni
2 Sliced green onions, cut on angle
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slit each chicken breast on one side to form a pocket.
- Drizzle each breast with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and spices.
- Place 4 tablespoons or desired amount of jack cheese, inside each pocket of chicken.
- Spread Marinara sauce or pizza sauce over the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake in oven on middle rack for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add 1/4 cup cheese and 4 pepperoni slices on top of sauce. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan Cheese as desired. Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Feel free to use your own pizza flavorings.
- Double recipe for 4 -6 chicken breasts.
- Make sure chicken breasts are similar in size for even baking.
- Recipe inspired by Karly Campbell, http://www.thatlowcarblife.com
Keywords: Pizza Stuffed Chicken