Chicken & Sausage Galette Recipe has all the savory flavors you love in a chicken pot pie; tender flaky crust filled with a creamy white sauce full of tender chicken pieces, sausage balls and mixed vegetables.
Rustic Chicken & Sausage GalettePrint
Chicken and Sausage Galette
- Yield: 6 servings
½ cup butter
½ medium onion, diced
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 -12 oz package frozen mixed vegetables-thawed
1/2 tsp. salt, ground white pepper, & garlic powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning,
1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
Egg wash- 1 egg + ½ teaspoon water
½ cup Panko bread crumbs + ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions and sauté 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onions, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth and cream, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and next 4 ingredients. This is the chicken filling.
- Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet. Unroll one single pie crust and place on parchment lined baking sheet. In the center of the pie crust, place bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Spoon chicken-filling on top of bread crumb and cheese mixture leaving 2 inches from the outer edge of crust open. Fold edges of pie crust over on top of filling forming a 2” pleat all around the edges of the pie.
- In the center of the pie, place sausage balls. Coat crust with egg wash.
- For excess filling grease ramekins or custard cups/pie plate of choice with cooking spray. Ladle chicken filling into baking dish. Add single pie crust to top of ramekins. Crimp edges or cut pie crust into rounds or design of choice, for individual servings. Vent crust if you cover completely. With remaining pie crust, cut out small snowflakes or design of choice. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until brown.
- Place pie on large baking sheet to catch any spill over. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes until crust is browned. Remove from oven and allow pie stand 10 minutes to cool before slicing into wedges.
- Serve it up Sassy by placing small baked pie crust cut-outs on a toothpick and insert into center of individual pie ramekins/custard cups. Garnish large pie with fresh rosemary or sage leaves and small serving of Cranberry Orange Relish.
- *Sausage Balls– Cut open sausage roll- tested Jimmy Dean Sage- roll into 1 inch individual balls, bake balls in oven at 375 until done, about 25 minutes. Drain and blot with paper towel. Add to cooked filling or place balls inside baking dish or pie then add the filling.