Kay’s Country Captain Recipe
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
2 # boned Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tsp. Paprika +1 cup flour, mixed
12 tablespoons butter
Roll chicken in paprika & flour mixture. Melt butter in large frying pan, brown chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
½ cup butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp. Curry powder
½ green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. Thyme, salt & pepper
2 tsp. vinegar & dry mustard
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup parsley, chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 cup currents
2 ½ oz. slivered almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 300. Prepare sauce. Saute onion, garlic, and green pepper
in butter until tender.
2. Add tomatoes, and remaining ingredients, except currants, mushrooms, almonds
and parsley. Cook slowly until well blended and sauce slightly thickens.
3. Add mushrooms, and pour the sauce over the chicken nuggets.
4. Bake in oven at 325 for one hour. Do not cover.
5. Before serving. Sprinkle the toasted almonds and currents.
Serve with long grain white rice that has been sprinkled with ground nutmeg
and melted butter.