Mini Hot Browns Recipe|Appetizer
12 -1/4″ sliced french bread, both sides toasted
4 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
6-thin slices cheddar cheese, cut in quarters
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 pound deli smoked turkey, thin sliced, cut into bite sized pieces to fit bread round
4 Roma tomatoes,sliced into 4 thin slices
2 tablespoons smoked paprika, salt and pepper
¼ cup chopped parsley as garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Brush both sides of bread with butter or olive oil, place on baking sheet.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut cheddar cheese into 4 squares or triangles
- Place cheese slice and bacon bits on toast.
- Layer 2 turkey pieces and one cut tomato slice on top of cheese and bacon.
- Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Serve these appetizers for Kentucky Derby Parties/receptions.