If you haven’t made a Caramel Banana Cream Pie before try this recipe.. it is destined to be your families favorite summer pie. Dulce de leche-(a thick caramel) is spread in bottom of 10″ deep- dish Vanilla Wafer Cookie Crust followed by sliced bananas and a no bake French Vanilla custard. Chill the pie then garnish with whipped cream, sliced bananas and Mini Vanilla Wafer cookies. Perfect refreshing dessert for all of your summer entertaining needs.
Here’s the recipe for Caramel Banana Cream Pie !
Notice the garnish with Mini Vanilla Wafer Cookies and sliced bananas. Be sure to garnish right before serving to avoid the softening of the cookies and banana browning.
Caramel Banana Cream Pie Recipe
The 10″ tart pan- pie crust is made with Vanilla Wafer cookie crumbs and baked 8-10 minutes before adding custard. Dulce de leche, (a thick caramel *) is spread in bottom of crust with layered sliced bananas and French Vanilla custard. Best to Chill the pie 2 hours before serving. ( can be made a day ahead and refrigerated-just garnish before serving). * Dulce de leche can be found in baking section in most grocery stores. A thick caramel ice cream topping can be substituted.
- Yield: 1-10” deep- dish pie/8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1-(3.4 oz.) French vanilla instant pudding & pie mix
½ cup half and half
½ cup water
3-4 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/4” slices
1-(15 oz.) Dulce de leche or ½ cup thick caramel ice cream topping
1-10” baked Vanilla Wafer-Crumb Crust Recipe*
Sweetened Whipped Cream*
Mini Vanilla Wafer Cookies
*See master recipes for crumb crust & sweetened whipped cream
- Prepare crumb crust and bake 325 for 8-10 minutes, cool and chill while preparing filling.
- In separate medium mixing bowl with beater attachment beat cream cheese 2 minutes, add condensed milk beating until smooth.
- Whisk together pudding mix, half n half and water in another mixing bowl.
- Combine pudding and cream cheese mixture beat until smooth and creamy, set aside.
- Spread ¼” layer dulce de leche in prepared crust
- Add two layers of sliced bananas over the caramel.
- Spoon filling over bananas and smooth to pie edges.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish right before serving!
Garnish: Top pie with sweetened whipped cream dollops, sliced bananas, and mini Vanilla Wafer Cookies. Keep pie refrigerated.*Omit caramel if desired for less sugar.