Create this Blooming Flower Placemat for your next spring or summer dinner party.
DIY| Blooming Flower Placemat-4 Easy Steps
Materials: (For one placemat)
- (1) 15-16″ round green woven placemats or felt round
- Petal pattern & (1) 2- 3/4 ” round circle pattern for center of flower
- Embroidery floss- optional for saddle stitch edges
- Glue Gun– hot glue or sewing machine with thread
- 5 Hot pink, 10 bright orange, 5 red or soft pink 1 yellow felt sheets to make petals or color of choice *
* Create your petal pattern before purchasing felt to help determine size and number of felt squares or pieces you will need.
Step 1: Cut felt shapes into petals for each placemat. (20 petals for each mat)
Step 2: Saddle-whip stitch edges of each petal if desired. See tutorial here.
Step 3: Hot glue or stitch 5 orange felt petals to the perimeter of the green base- r placemat. Hot glue or stitch 5 hot pink felt petals in between and on top of space not covered by the orange petals. Hot glue or stitch 5 red or light pink felt petals in between hot pink felt petals, and finish with 5 orange petals in the center. Cover center with yellow round felt piece glue or stitch in place.
Step 4: Repeat process per placemat.
You can use this pattern to make a pretty flower pillow top if desired. To make the pillow see this link. See Step 2.
Check out How to Make the Fruit & Floral Centerpiece and Pineapple Napkin fold on this website.
Let me know if you make this into a pillow or placemat.
Other Ideas You Might Like to Try:
Envelop Napkin Fold- tap on photo for link