Make Cream Pies the go to Summer Dessert with these three Easy to Make Summer Cream Pie Recipes. Fresh Peaches & Cream, Lemon Cream Cheese and Caramel Banana Cream Pie are baked with a crumb crust, custard type filling, fresh whipped cream and seasonal summer fruits as garnishes. What makes this trio of pies so special you might ask… easy fillings, summer favorite flavors and you get to decide the crumb for the crust with the Versatile Crumb Crust Recipe.
Easy to Make Summer Cream Pies
Click on photos for recipes. Caramel Banana Cream Pie with Vanilla Wafer Cookie Crust. Garnished with Mini Vanilla Wafers and sliced bananas. Click on photos for recipes. xo
Peaches & Cream Pie with Butter Pecan Cookie Crust
Lemon Cream Cheese Pie with Graham Cracker Crust.
- To make a pretty presentation bake your pies in deep dish tart shells.
- Chill the filling after baking at least 2 hours before serving.
- Use Heavy Whipping Cream to make the whipped cream, chill bowl and beaters before making for best results.
- Garnish pies right before serving.
- All pies should be kept covered and refrigerated.
- Caramel Banana Cream Pie has best flavor if made one day prior to event, just don’t garnish until ready to serve. If you like a really sweet pie this is it, if you don’t want a sweet pie, omit the caramel.
Versatile Crust Recipe
Using the back of a measuring cup pressing the crumbs to the sides and bottom of pan will make the crust solid in appearance and bake more evenly. You will like it. xoPrint
Easy to Make Summer Pies-Versatile Crust Recipe
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 1-9" pie crust 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
1½ cups ground graham crackers*
¼ cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
¼ teaspoon salt
In food processor process crackers into crumbs, add melted butter and salt. Process to combine. Lightly spray 9” pie plate or deep-dish tart pan with cooking spray covering bottom and sides of dish. Bake or chill crust as recipe directs. For 10 “ pie crust add ½ cup crumbs to recipe + 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 additional tablespoons melted butter.
* Make it Yours: Substituting graham crackers for gingersnaps, vanilla wafers, buttery crackers, or chocolate sandwich cookies. No matter the crumb the recipe is the same.
- Chill the crust while making the pie filling if cream pies are baked.
- This recipe is for cream pies or canned fruit type pies only.
- Press crumbs on sides of tart shell first then the press the bottom crumbs.
- Use the bottom of a small measuring cup to help press the the crust in the pan.
- Best crumb results use a food processor with steel blade.
*If you use buttery shortbread cookies, you should reduce the butter and sugar content in recipe by 2 tablespoons. Shortbread cookies are butter and sugar delicious cookies. Making a crust with these cookies makes the pie sweet and buttery, but if you use too much butter/sugar the crust will not hold up well, it will be too wet to form into tart pan or pie shell.
Make these pies and let me know how you liked them. You might have a summer favorite mine is the Lemon Cream Cheese. Its the lemon curd in the cream cheese layer that makes it over the top delicious and creamy. YUM!