How to Make Melted Snowman Cupcakes begins with purchased frosted vanilla cupcakes, bright white candy melts and Lindt White Chocolate Truffles. Decorated with orange candy corn for nose and mini chocolate chips for eyes adds personality to this sweet little treat. Super simple decorating techniques your kids can do in the kitchen with you. Hope you will make these cute little cupcakes on a wintery snowing day.
Here’s how to make your own melted snowman cupcakes.
Make these cute little cupcakes in an afternoon, especially if you pick up a few baked cupcakes at the bakery.. or make a batch from a mix. Make sure your purchased cupcakes have vanilla frosting. If the frosting is a swirl and too high, remove the frost a thin coat over the cakes using the same frosting.
How to Make Melting Snowman
Start with vanilla baked cupcakes in cupcake liners. Use a fresh liner for reinforcement and snowy white look for serving. Once the candy melt is poured over the cupcake, you will be glad you have a stronger cupcake liner.
Unwrap the Lindt White Chocolate truffles. Set aside until ready to assemble snowman.
Stir the canned frosting until smooth and creamy, You can use this melted to pour over the cupcakes or the candy melts. Set aside about 1/4 cup frosting to tint orange if needed for nose. For the nose I used the orange part of candy corn but tinted frosting will also work. To tint, just use a drop of orange food gel.
Once the cupcakes are frosted with thin coat of buttercream. Attach white chocolate truffle to top of cupcake slightly off center. Melt 1 cup of bright white candy melts in microwave at 25 second intervals. Stir to smooth and pour over the truffle and frosted cupcake until the snowman looks like it is melted.
Attach candy corn nose or pipe a nose using orange frosting. To make the candy nose, cut off a piece of the orange candy corn section and roll between fingers to form a carrot. Attach to truffle head along with mini chocolate chips for eyes and buttons.
That’s pretty much it. Hope you will try this easy edible decorating project. Your kids will love making these as well as eating. This recipe is for 12 but you can easily double if making 24. Winter fun dessert.
If you have access to snowflake sprinkles that would be cute to sprinkle over the cupcakes too.
How to Make Melted Snowman Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: microwave
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Decorating
- Cuisine: American
12 Vanilla Cupcakes or home made
1 can Vanilla buttercream frosting or home made
1 package bright white candy melts
12 Lindt White Chocolate Truffles, unwrapped
12 candy corn pieces for nose- orange part or orange buttercream frosting
24–30 mini chocolate chips for eyes and buttons
- Frost cupcakes with thin coat of vanilla frosting.
- Melt candy melts in microwave safe bowl at 25 second intervals until melted. Stir to smooth consistency.
- Place white chocolate truffle on top of frosted cupcake for the head of snowman. Pour melted white candy melts over the top of truffle and frosted cupcake.
- For eyes and nose: cut the orange part of a candy corn and roll between fingers to create a carrot shape, attach to softened melted snowman, then attach mini chocolate morsels for the eyes and coal buttons as pictured. If needed, use melted frosting as the glue for attaching the nose and eyes.
- Place decorated cupcake in a clean white cupcake liner to serve, if desired or other decorative snow themed liner.
- If you want to make the nose orange buttercream. Just add a few drops of orange color food gel to 1/4 cup vanilla buttercream. Stir to blend. Place in a disposable piping bag with small round piping tip or zip lock baggie with no tip to pipe a cute carrot shaped nose.
- You can also cut the truffle in half to make a smaller head if desired.
- If you don’t want to use candy melts for the melted look, you can also microwave the vanilla buttercream and use in place of the melts. Candy melts