How to Make Melted Snowman Cupcakes begins with purchased & frosted vanilla cupcakes. For this great dessert you will need Bright white candy melts and Lindt White Chocolate Truffles. as well as white fondant. Decorated with orange candy corn for nose and mini chocolate chips for eyes adds personality to this sweet little treat. Super simple decorating techniques your kids can do in the kitchen with you. Hope you will make these cute little cupcakes and cake on a winter snow day.
How to Make Melted Snowman Cupcakes
Make these cute little cupcakes in an afternoon, especially if you pick up a few baked cupcakes at the bakery.. or make a batch from a mix. Make sure your purchased cupcakes have vanilla frosting. If the frosting is a swirl and too high, remove the frosting to a thin coat over the cakes. Use any leftover frosting for remaining cupcakes.
Note: I placed the purchased cupcakes with liner in a larger cupcake liner so the melted candy melts will have a place to puddle.
Start with vanilla frosted and baked cupcakes in cupcake liners. Use a fresh liner for reinforcement and snowy white look for serving. Once the candy melt is poured over the cupcake, you will be glad you have a stronger cupcake liner.
Let’s Make Cupcakes
Unwrap the Lindt White Chocolate truffles. Set aside until ready to assemble snowman.
Stir the canned frosting until smooth and creamy. Set aside about 1/4 cup frosting to tint orange if needed for nose. For the nose I used the orange part of candy corn but tinted frosting will also work. To tint, just use a drop of orange food gel.
Melt remaining white frosting in microwave a few seconds to medium thin consistency for pouring. You can also use melted bright white candy melts to pour over the cupcakes if desired. I used the melted frosting.
Assembling the Melted Snowman Features
Once the cupcakes are frosted (with excess frosting that came with the purchased cupcakes) with a thin coat of buttercream frosting. Attach white chocolate truffle to top of cupcake slightly off center.
Melt 1 cup of bright white candy melts in microwave at 25 second intervals. Stir to smooth and pour over the truffle and frosted cupcake until the snowman looks like it is melted.
Attach candy corn nose or pipe a nose using orange frosting. To make the candy nose, cut off a piece of the orange candy corn section and roll between fingers to form a carrot. Attach to truffle head along with mini chocolate chips for eyes and buttons. I softened the orange candy corn with white parts removed in microwave 5 seconds. Roll orange part into the shape as a carrot for the nose. Attach with frosting (glue) to the covered truffle head. Attach the chips for eyes and buttons with frosting.
That’s pretty much it. Hope you will try this easy edible decorating project. Your kids will love making these as well as eating. This recipe is for 12 but you can easily double if making 24. Winter fun dessert.
If you have access to snowflake sprinkles that would be cute to sprinkle over the cupcakes too.
Get Adventurous Make this Melted Snowman Cake
Just purchase round cakes, one 6 inch, one 8 inch and one cupcake for head. Follow instructions for decorating, but use rolled white fondant to cover the cakes for the melted softness of snow. The hat is made with a covered marshmallow and piped with green frosting. Scarf is made with tinted yellow fondant. The brim of the hat is a flat chocolate cookie. Cake can also be made with 6 inch cake for bottom layer, 4″ cake for middle and standard cupcake for top head. I think the smaller the cake the cuter it is.
There ya go! Here’s the RecipePrint
How to Make Melted Snowman Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: microwave
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Decorating
- Cuisine: American
12 Vanilla Cupcakes or home made
1 can Vanilla buttercream frosting or home made
1 package bright white candy melts
12 Lindt White Chocolate Truffles, unwrapped
12 candy corn pieces for nose- orange part or orange buttercream frosting
24–30 mini chocolate chips for eyes and buttons
- Frost cupcakes with thin coat of vanilla frosting.
- Melt candy melts in microwave safe bowl at 25 second intervals until melted. Stir to smooth consistency.
- Place white chocolate truffle on top of frosted cupcake for the head of snowman. Pour melted white candy melts over the top of truffle and frosted cupcake.
- For eyes and nose: cut the orange part of a candy corn and roll between fingers to create a carrot shape, attach to softened melted snowman, then attach mini chocolate morsels for the eyes and coal buttons as pictured. If needed, use melted frosting as the glue for attaching the nose and eyes.
- Place decorated cupcake in a clean white cupcake liner to serve, if desired or other decorative snow themed liner.
- If you want to make the nose orange buttercream. Just add a few drops of orange color food gel to 1/4 cup vanilla buttercream. Stir to blend. Place in a disposable piping bag with small round piping tip or zip lock baggie with no tip to pipe a cute carrot shaped nose.
- You can also cut the truffle in half to make a smaller head if desired.
- If you don’t want to use candy melts for the melted look, you can also microwave the vanilla buttercream and use in place of the melts. Candy melts