Chilled White Gazpacho soup is made with cucumbers, chicken broth, sour cream, white vinegar, and garlic, blended together and served with diced cherry tomatoes, sliced almonds and green onions. Delicious on a hot day and served with Basil Cracked Pepper Scones. A make ahead light soup for garden club and spring or summer luncheons.
White Gazpacho Soup Recipe
This soup is served chilled and the can be made ahead. Easy to make and take, but keep refrigerated.
- Yield: 6-8 1/2 cup servings
3 medium cucumbers, peeled and cubed
3 cups chicken broth, cooled
3 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1 clove garlic, pressed
2 tomatoes, chopped
¾ cup toasted almonds, chopped-optional
½ cup sliced green onions
¼ cup chopped spinach, optional
- In a blender, whirl cucumbers with 1 cup chicken broth, pour into a large bowl.
- Add remaining broth, sour cream. vinegar, salt and garlic
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve in chilled soup bowls or bowl of choice
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, green onions, and chopped spinach or as desired.
Serve with Basil and Cracked Pepper Scones