Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts contain pureed pumpkin, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and baked in a mini round doughnut baking pan. Baked at 425 for 4-6 minutes and decorated with toasted coconut, chocolate jimmies, sparkling sugars.
Mini Pumpkin Doughnut Recipe|Bread
Made with Libby’s canned pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie filling.
- Yield: 48 mini donuts 1x
1–1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin puree-tested Libby’s
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly spray doughnut pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, salt, baking powder and spices. Set aside.
- Make a well in flour mixture and add pumpkin puree, brown sugar, egg, juice, and butter.
- Stir ingredients to blend. Fill each doughnut cup approximately 1/3 full, about 1/2 tablespoon of batter. Tap pan on counter to evenly spread batter in cups.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Cool in pan 4-5 minutes, remove to cooling rack.
- When doughnuts are cool, frost with glaze, sprinkles, cinnamon/nutmeg sugar.
You will need a Mini Doughnut pan
Decorate doughnuts with small sprinkles, diced toasted coconut, chocolate frosting and vanilla frosting
Check out the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes-Cinnamon Glaze. Perfect for Fall entertaining.