Need a light easy dessert recipe for the holidays? Try this recipe for Peppermint Cheesecake Mousse. It’s no bake, just whipped cream, cream cheese, and peppermint oil whipped together with confectioner’s sugar.
Easy recipe to whip up. Pipe or spoon into cute dessert dishes or spread in chocolate cake roll as a filling. Just be sure to store in the refrigerator and it is best used the day you make it.
Whether creating a pretty dessert or adding this mousse to the top of hot chocolate, you will love this refreshingly light treat.
Recipe requires chilled heavy whipping cream, not half n half. Also I used edible peppermint oil by LorAnn oils, which is made for foods and candies.
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
Edible Peppermint oil flavors cream cheese, whipped cream and confectioners sugar mixture fills a dessert cup, sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy and mini gingerbread house for impressive but easy dessert for holidays.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-1/2 cup servings 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Whipping
- Cuisine: American
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon crème bouquet or clear vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon LorAnn peppermint oil or ½ teaspoon extract
1– 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
4–5 Crushed peppermint canes for garnish
4- Mini Gingerbread Houses- One house per serving with mousse
- With a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat softened cream cheese on high until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, peppermint oil (or extract) until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip chilled heavy cream with whisk attachment of hand held electric mixer. Whip until soft peaks form. Add corn syrup, and crème bouquet (or vanilla extract) continue beating until stiff peaks.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Return mixture to mixing bowl with whisk attachment add remaining half of whipped cream. Beat just to blend.
- Pipe with large round tip or spoon the mousse into the prepared dessert dishes. Top with crushed and chopped peppermint candies. Add baked mini gingerbread house. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe can be doubled. Mousse can be frozen for Dome desserts.
Keywords: Peppermint, Mousse, Cheesecake, gingerbread
Hope you will make this recipe. Your guests will love it. Serve this mousse in a pretty parfait glass with small butter cookies or mini gingerbread men.