Create a pretty dessert board for Christmas Entertaining with this gingerbread house cookie and candy board. Assorted gingerbread mini houses from three dimensional size to flat house shaped cookies to mini gingerbread men deck out a big board filled with home made cookies and assorted candies.
You do not have to make your own cookies
…purchase them. Tip: Keep cookies and candy in a color scheme. If you have cookies you love, start there first, then add candies to coordinate with the cookies. My color scheme is red, white, green for most part, with gingerbread as the key focus, as they stand out on the top of the board.
Gingerbread Cookies makes a fun statement for cookie tray.
Here’s a close up view of the small house flat cookie. It is 3 x 5″ and perfect for single servings at place settings if doing a table scape. This candy board would make a great centerpiece.
Royal Icing is piped around the perimeter of the house using tip # 32 and for the tiny dot piping on the door and mini gingerbread men I used tip # 5. Royal icing makes the best frosting to pipe, for it dries hard and stays in place. Attach candies on cookie with royal icing while icing is wet. Here’s the recipe for royal icing.Print
Gingerbread House Cookie and Candy Board
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: no cooking
- Total Time: 25 mintues
- Yield: 10-15 guests 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Arranging
- Cuisine: American
Materials needed to make this candy cookie board
3 kinds of cookies- purchased or home made
Lemon Ricotta cookies – White cookie
Cranberry Pinwheel Cookie Recipe-Red filling
Candies- assorted red, green and white Christmas M & M’s, Peppermint Candy Canes, gumdrops, hard candies, ribbon candy, jelly beans, sprinkles, ect.
Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies-White chocolate covered mint dark chocolate cookies
- Purchase your big board or large serving tray.
- Make ahead all cookies that you want to feature on the board, or purchase what you like. Try to purchase and make cookies with same color scheme.
- Purchase all candies in similar color scheme, red, white, green or all red and white, ect. Unwrap candies and cookies, set them on a large platter so you can see all the treats.
- Starting around the perimeter of the board, layer round edges cookies in similar size all around.
- Next layer additional cookies in circular fashion repeating outer edge
- Add elevation to the board using small white upside down dishes or small cups to fill with candies. Elevation is important to give dimension and height.
- Fill in the inside of board with candies, fill every space around the upside down dishes.
- Place featured cookies on top of upside down cups over candies.
Prepare cookies and candies a day ahead, arrange board the day of party.
If you don’t want all the candy and cookies left over, have treat bags available for guest to take home some goodies from board.
Reserve some for a hot cocoa board in January. Just wrap and freeze.
Keywords: Cookies, Candies, Board, Charcuterie, Christmas, Gingerbread
Create a gift bag treat to take home
Package mini gingerbread men in cellophane bags. Attach a cute tag or sticker to had to each guest as a take home favor. These tiny men are fast to bake. Decorating with royal icing dots and tip # 5 makes it super simple.
Decorate the cookies with royal icing and red hots.
Pipe the outline of the gingerbread house cookie with tip # 32 and tip # 5 for small dots around door. Put it all together for a cute little house and big candy board.
Helping you make a statement, make it sassy and make it yours! ®
Thanks for reading and subscribe to lizbushong.com to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.